Genn’s affinity to produce various types of make-up for print, video and stage work demonstrates her amazing eye for detail and her unique ability to think outside the lines of conventional thinking. Her vast knowledge of cosmetics & beauty tools leaves her equipped for not only TV, Film and Print work, but also writing and producing beauty video segments and articles.
Genn has numerous national credits to her name that include FOX, People Magazine, Teen People Magazine American Idols Live and Trading Spaces. She brings tremendous talent and make-up savvy, combined with a plethora of experience and the ability to deliver uncompromising quality of work to every professional work setting.
Genn has also had the privilege of having trained under national and international professional make-up artists and photographers and can boast special celebrity clients such as Carrie Underwood, David Cassidy, NY Giants Brandon Jacobs, Jessica Lynn Gahring of NY INK, Leslie Segrete and Laurie Smith from Trading Spaces, Constantine Maroulis from American Idol, the entire US Olympic Hockey team and former New York State Governor Elliot Spitzer.
Editor / Publisher, MUAH (MakeUp And Hair) Blogs; Albany, NY 2006-Present
Developed concept and content for monthly beauty, fashion and lifestyle publication. Designed website and graphics for all campaigns. Created monthly concepts relative to fashion and news trends. Researched outlets and companies through PR Newswire and other media relations networking sites. Developed marketing and advertising campaigns through blogs, social networking and other networking promotions.
Make-up Artist/Owner, Genn Shaughnessy MUAH (MakeUp And Hair).; Albany, NY 2002-Present
Provided Make-up and Hair services for various media forms. Consulted news personalities, salon staff and models on camera appropriate make-up and hair. Educated salons, spas and students on makeup techniques, product knowledge and client relations. Designed all media graphics and websites. Developed marketing and advertising campaigns through blogs, social networking and other networking promotions. Produced monthly internet fashion and beauty blog.
- Client Roster; Jessica Lynn Gahring of NY Ink, Town Square Media, WTEN, ProActiv, Ursula of Switzerland, Kermit Hayes Photography, James Pickett Photography, Cats Eye Pest Control, Dino Petrocelli Photography, Dan Doyle Photography, Hair Razors Unisex Salon, and PinUp Makeover.
- Beauty Expert & MakeUp Artist; Demand Media Ehow.com, 2013-Present
- Founder, Educator, MakeUp Artist; MUAH TV, 2012-Present
- MakeUp Artist & Beauty Editor, Diamonds in da Sky, 2012- Present
- MakeUp Artist & Contributor; Beauty on a Budget, 2010 - 2012
- MakeUp Artist & Advertorialist; Hair Razors Unisex Salon, September 2009 - Present
- Beauty Expert; FOX23 News Daybreak, Albany, NY 2007-2010
- Beauty Column Editor; Capital Region Living Magazine, Albany, NY 2007-2010
- Stylist & Grooming Guide Author; ZZ Agency, Albany, NY 2007
- MakeUp Artist & Beauty Editor; Genn Shaughnessy MakeUp And Hair, 2005 to Present
MakeUp Brand Experience
- Regional Make-Up Artist; Chanel Cosmetics, Upstate, NY 2006-2007
- Make-Up Artist; Sanctuary Spa, Saratoga, NY ~ 2006-2007
- Make-Up Artist; MAC Cosmetics, Albany, NY ~ 2003-2005
- Education & Certifications
- Orlo School Of Hair Design & Cosmetology; Albany, NY - April 2013
- Face Stockholm; Product Knowledge Albany, NY - March 2013
- California Smooth; Keratin Smoothing Treatment Online Certification - February 2013
- Shavasana; Eyelash Extension Application - November 2009
- Paul Mitchell ~ Hair Color Theory - October 2008
- L’Oreal Professional ~ Hair Texturizing / Cutting - October 2008
- Sephora Lead Development Training ~ Albany, NY - Summer 2008
- Science Of Sephora (S.O.S.) ~ Latham, NY - October 2008
- Sephora WeCare ~ Latham, NY - October 2008
- Chanel; Master Class, Saratoga Springs, NY - January 2007
- Jane Iredale; Principles Master Class, Boston, MA - October 2006
- Methode Physiodermie; Skin Care Course, Saratoga Springs, NY - July 2006
- Eminence Hungary; Skin Care Course, Saratoga Springs, NY - July 2006
- Platinum Medical Equipment; LED, Saratoga Springs, NY - July 2006
- Hudson Valley Community College; Marketing, Troy, NY - Sept 2004-May 2005
- MAC Cosmetics; Period Make-Up, Hartford, CT - February 2005
- MAC Cosmetics; Trend Workshop, Boston, MA - April 2004
- MAC Cosmetics; Trans Gender Master Class, Hartford, CT - February 2004
- MAC Cosmetics; Basic Artist Training Program, Boston, MA - December 2004
Bare Escentuals, Benefit, Bourjois, Cargo, Dior, DuWop, Estee Lauder, Fusion Beauty, Givenchy, Guerlain, Jane Iredale, Lancome, Laura Gellar, Laura Mercier, Lorac, MAC Cosmetics, Make-Up Forever, Nars, Shavasana Eyelash Extensions, Shiseido, Smashbox, Stila, Tarte, The Balm, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Vincent Longo.
BABE, Carol’s Daughter, California Smooth, Fredrik Fekkai, Fresh, GHD, Jack Black, Johnathan, Korres, L’Oreal Professional, Ojon, Oscar Blandi, Paul Mitchell, Philosophy, Phyto, Rene Furterer, Ted Gibson.
Anthony Logistics, Boscia, Carol’s Daughter, Caudalie, Clarins, Cosmedicine, D.D.F, Decleor, Derma Doctor, Eminence, Fresh, GoSmile, Jack Black, Johnathan, Juice Beauty, Kinerase, Korres, MD SKincare, Murad, Mystic Tan, Nouvera, N.V. Perricone M.D., Ole Henriksen, Peter Thomas Roth, Philosophy, Physidoermie, Skyn Iceland.
MUAH (MakeUp And Hair) Skills
Airbrush Makeup, Editorial Makeup, Advanced Makeup and Hair, Bridal Makeup, Color Correction, Special Fx Makeup, Waxing, Hair Styling, Hair Coloring and Cutting. Period MakeUp and Hair.
Google Analyitics, Web & Multimedia design, Photography, Videography, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Wordpress, Apple OS, iWork, Pages, Rapidweaver, Network Publisher, iMovie, iWeb, MacSpeech.
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Preen.me, Tumblr, Google+, Youtube, Flickr, Myspace, Social Media Marketing and Advertising.